Faculty of Social Science and Humanities
2 Simcoe Street - Room 624
2000 Simcoe Street North
Oshawa, ON L1H 7K4
905.721.8668 ext. 5991
Dr. Leigh Harkins received a PhD in Forensic Psychology from the University of Birmingham in the United Kingdom. She completed her Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology degree and Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Toronto in Ontario. Before returning to Canada in 2013, Dr. Harkins taught for four years at the University of Birmingham in the United Kingdom.
Dr. Harkins also has experience working in forensic practice settings in the U.K. and Canada. This has included experience working with sex offender groups at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health and with the Correctional Service of Canada. She has also been involved in offender assessment work in the U.K.
- Bachelor of Science University of Toronto in Toronto, Ontario
- Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology University of Toronto in Toronto, Ontario
- PhD in Forensic Psychology University of Birmingham in the United Kingdom
- Abnormal Psychology
- Treatment in Forensic Settings
- Forensic Clinical Psychology
- Special Topics: Sex Offenders