The Faculty of Social Science and Humanities’ (FSSH) Academic Advising team is dedicated to your success and we will strive to help you make choices leading to academic and personal achievement. In this role we will act as your main contact in FSSH and will assist you through every step of your journey with us. We are available to help, support and encourage you in a variety of areas.
Your academic success is important to us. We are available to:
- Address academic difficulties
- Address questions and concerns related to academic and personal life on campus
- Assess and discuss academic progress and standing
- Assist in the selection of appropriate classes (especially if you miss or fail a course)
- Assist you with establishing realistic educational goals and future planning
- Connect you with campus services for additional assistance
- Discuss and evaluate study habits and skills
- Discuss issues affecting academic performance
- Interpret academic policies and procedures
- Provide advice regarding withdrawing from, adding or dropping courses
- Provide guidance for successful progression towards graduation
- Provide tips for academic success
UOIT has many supportive services for students. We can connect you to campus resources and help you navigate the university system and services, including:
Please feel free to contact our office with any questions or concerns related to student life, academic or personal. We are here to help.